These tools are size and length appropriate for little ones. They come in different widths to work with various sized items.
Little Yellow Brick Tip : work with a few tools at a time, depending on sensory elements used/size required; different sizes, handles work different fine motor skills. It's also less overwhelming having to choose from 9 different items at the same time. :)
These are great for sensory play with loose parts; for felt balls, we recommend using a range of 1cm to 1.5cm with the tongs - we have 1.5cm wool balls in our sensory play range!). Use loose parts of different weights, textures, shapes and scents to add sensory elements to play.
Interestingly, while taking photos of the set, my 2 and 5 year old engaged in pretend kitchen play with them. These tools are versatile! I hope they would bring you and your little ones lots of fun :)
9 piece kit includes 4 scoops with different widths, lengths, handles, 1 spoon, 1 tongs, 1 bucket, 1 bowl and 1 cylinder box with lid. Included is a drawstring canvas bag (design varies) to store all your tools.
Tools are made from beech or bamboo.
- 7.5cm scoop with round handle
- 9cm scoop with round handle
- 8cm scoop with flat handle
- 10.5cm scoop with flat handle
- 10cm spoon
- 11cm bamboo tong
- Mini wooden bucket - 5.5cm diameter by 4.8cm height (excluding bucket hoop)
- Mini wooden bowl - 6cm diameter by 3cm height
- Mini wooden cylinder box with knob lid (great for your little ones to practise their pincer grip). Lid does not close tight. - 5.5cm diameter by 4cm height
- Canvas bag to store all your little tools (design varies)
- Actual colours may vary from pictures. It depends on unique wood features and individual monitor colour settings.
- Colour and texture of wood varies due to the natural nature of wood. Rough and uneven surfaces are normal. They can be sanded or left natural.
- Pieces are natural and untreated. Not for use with water soaking. Please dry them well if they get wet.